Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Bleeding Big Bear Front Master Cylinder

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Bleeding Big Bear Front Master Cylinder

shadontt shadontt
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 10/12
Posted: 02/16/14
08:28 AM

I read about a lot of folks having problems bleeding this system. I found a way that works pretty well and should also be good for other applications. First, purchase a bleeding system (Autozone for about $35)it includes a vacuum pump that has many other uses as well. Once connected to your brake caliper bleeder use it to pull fluid through the lines from the master cylinder. Since the master cylinder is small, be sure to keep it full during the process. This process doesn't require you to pump the brake lever. After getting the majority of the air out of the lines I switched to the normal method of pumping the master cylinder and bleeding at the caliper; repeated until the air is completely replaced with fluid. The big thing I learned about my master cylinder is that I didn't have to "pump" the lever. I noticed that when I compressed the lever during bleeding and then released it after closing the bleeder valve; while watching the reservoir fluid level, after about half a second the fluid would drop some as the chamber in the master cylinder filled up and I would have pressure resistance at the lever. Internally, the spring and seal seems to have a small delay. This method worked great for me! If I tried to rapidly pump the lever after closing the bleeder valve, it would not build up pressure resistance at the lever. This system and method worked for me and saved me a great deal of frustration.