Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Taotao 125

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Taotao 125

cadman2014 cadman2014
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/14
Posted: 01/20/14
05:45 PM

What is the switch called that is connected to foot brake lever that allows the starter to turn when pressing the electric start button.  It has something to do with the brake light relay also, cause you cannot use the starter to crank the motor if the brake light doesn't come on. Sometime it works sometimes it doesn't. If you push it off it runs fine. I have searched the parts websites and cannot find it.  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 01/20/14
06:36 PM

Brake switch or Brake Light switch  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Jacoby2001 Jacoby2001
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/14
Posted: 01/31/14
05:00 PM

Good luck with Tao Tao. I bought my son a new 125 last Christmas and he has approximately 25 hours of service. From not starting, replacing battery, chain jumping off every 15 seconds, axle not lining up etc. taken to dealer 4 different times and spending money repairing after one week. All this from riding on level ground,  not hills, rocks, etc... PURE GARBAGE'!!!!!!! Bought in Lumberton NC  

Jacoby2001 Jacoby2001
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/14
Posted: 01/31/14
05:02 PM

Good luck with Tao Tao. I bought my son a new 125 last Christmas and he has approximately 25 hours of service. From not starting, replacing battery, chain jumping off every 15 seconds, axle not lining up etc. taken to dealer 4 different times and spending money repairing after one week. All this from riding on level ground,  not hills, rocks, etc... PURE GARBAGE'!!!!!!! Bought in Lumberton NC