Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

2002 suzuki 500 vinson Idle adjustment

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

2002 suzuki 500 vinson Idle adjustment

PhillyB PhillyB
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/25/13
11:54 AM

I try to ajust the ideal on the carb by turning the knob, but the probem is when I tur the knob the cable just twist until its bunched up. i dunno if its stuck or has come loos or what and nothing adjust. Do I neeed to replace it or has it come loose. Any ideas? Mad  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 06/25/13
08:37 PM

Can you turn it the other way? If it binds up both ways then you will need to check and see what the problem is.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

PhillyB PhillyB
Posted: 12/26/13
11:18 PM

Well I found out its just a lil tight..I'm now trying to find the fuel ajust net screw.. It is just idling way to high once it warms up. I have to shut the bike off, put it neutral and I have to change gears as soon as I start it or will idle to high to change between any of the positions.  

PhillyB PhillyB
Posted: 12/26/13
11:18 PM

Well I found out its just a lil tight..I'm now trying to find the fuel ajustment  screw.. It is just idling way to high once it warms up. I have to shut the bike off, put it neutral and I have to change gears as soon as I start it or will idle to high to change between any of the positions.  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 12/27/13
06:56 PM

Only other thing is the pilot screw which is located in a rounded recess near front of carb(intake side). The screw goes straight up from the bottom inside of the recess, if it hasn't fallen out. It can be difficult to get to to adjust however not impossible. If it hasn't fallen out then I would turn it in until lightly seats then turn it out 2- 2-1/2 full turns then adjust with the cable knob.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK