Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

1999 300 honda

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

1999 300 honda

300honda 300honda
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/28/13
10:54 AM

My 99 300 honda fourtrax will start, but then after about 10 seconds of driving it shuts off and it wont start back up again. I was using it a couple days ago and it was working great! but now when I turn the key there's nothing.. the neutral light doesnt even come on. My winch wont even work. so if you know what it could be, please let me know! I'm thinking it might be the battery, but not sure cuz I put my charger on it and it was just clicking when I pushed the electric start.  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 12/28/13
07:25 PM

Do you have access to a multimeter? If you do then test the battery voltage, also make sure the wires to the battery terminals are clean and tight. You normally get clicking at the starter solenoid with a weak battery or loose wire/connection. If you don't have a tester you can take out the battery and have it tested, usually free at Napa or other places that sell batteries. My son is also 15 and knows all Grin  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK