Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Rincon stalls

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Rincon stalls

darr12 darr12
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 11/21/12
06:52 PM

Hi,
My 2011 Rincon has stalled now several times. Start it up again and it goes fine as if nothing happened. It happened again this weekend - buddies and I were riding a trail, stopped to talk for a bit and when I give it the gas to go again it stalls completely, engine shuts off. Press the start button and it starts immediately. Like I said this has happened several times in two years, no rhyme or reason. Anyone have a similar problem?  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 12/12/12
06:56 PM

check the carb and the tank for water. a small amount of water in the carb can cause this. you stop, water pools in the bottom of the bowl. the pilot jet and main jets are at different heights in the bowl. so if it pools high enough to get picked up by the the main but not the pilot jet then it could cause a stall like this. the pilot jet controls idle the main jet controls fuel flow when you give it throttle. also check the air filter box for water, dirt. check the air filter. this is a driveability problem. runs great but intermittent problems while driving. (giving throttle)  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

greenatv greenatv
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/03/13
03:32 PM

It is the "crank in gear" switch on the right handle bar.  

greenatv greenatv
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/03/13
03:32 PM

It is the "crank in gear" switch on the right handle bar. You can hear 2 clicks when you squeeze it. One is the break light the other is the crank in gear switch.

If it does the following then that is is.
In D, start it up, idles fine, tap the gas to go and it shuts off.
Never does it when starting in N.

Is that what it does?

Just work the right break handle twice before giving it gas to insure the switch button is released. Might better look into getting a new switch.

I learned about that from 2faroffroad.com