Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Taotao 110 won't start... NO SPARK

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Taotao 110 won't start... NO SPARK

rescue75 rescue75
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/10/12
11:32 AM

History: Bought new... Two identical little over a year ago. The atv in question ran fine. I was on it under power riding and it was running just fine. While under power, it quit... just like the key turned off. It turns over fine. Gas tank full.

My problem: No spark at the plug

I have tried... checking there is indeed gas in the tank. I swapped plugs with the working atv and it ran fine in the other one but still no spark in problem atv.
I have tried... Swapping the coil and plug wire in the two. Same as the plug. Works fine in running unit, won't spark in the problem one.
I have tired swapping most components that are electrical and removeable from one to the other atv... No change.

I get wet cylinder, not a fuel problem. The brake cut-off will not allow the atv turnover without being depressed. Not the problem.

The handle bar kill switch: in run position and traced all connections verifying they are secure.

Incase there is an oil shutoff switch, I checked the oil and its full.

All lights all work, I have compression, Just no spark.

The rear kill teather has never been deployed, but checked it too, and it is tightly secured in place.

The brain box?? I'm at a loss. It's wired directly in a sealed box. I haven't gotten into it yet.

Also the glass tubular fuse is fine, I swapped them between atv's too.

PLEASE HELP!!  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 03/10/12
12:06 PM

If you can I would temporarly disconnect the kill switch wiring(at the connector that connects to the cdi) then check for spark. Do realize if it does startup you will not be able to turn it off easily. I would just ground spark plug out on cylinder head and check for spark unless you have a tester.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

rescue76 rescue76
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/12
Posted: 03/11/12
06:17 PM

Still no spark... next idea?  

delldude88 delldude88
New User | Posts: 34 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 03/12/12
11:02 AM

Had this to happen to my step sons. On his the rear kill switch went bad. Disconnecting it will not work. Cause when the rubber boot is on it pushes the switch in to complete the circuit. You can disconnect it and put a jumper wire in between wires and if runs you can either cut the wires and tie or soldier together. Everything will work the same. You just loose that kill switch on rear. Hope this helps.  

delldude88 delldude88
New User | Posts: 34 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 03/12/12
11:02 AM

Had this to happen to my step sons. On his the rear kill switch went bad. Disconnecting it will not work. Cause when the rubber boot is on it pushes the switch in to complete the circuit. You can disconnect it and put a jumper wire in between wires and if runs you can either cut the wires and tie or soldier together. Everything will work the same. You just loose that kill switch on rear. Hope this helps.  

Etch0 Etch0
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/13/13
09:09 AM

Mine did the same thing. Turned out to be the stator. Other things to check first are kill switches, spark plug, coil, and CDI box above left rear tire.