Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

110 Tao Tao won't start

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

110 Tao Tao won't start

choehns choehns
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/11
Posted: 05/09/11
06:47 PM

I bought this used and put on a brand new battery.  It took a bit to start but it finally fired up and idled for a couple of minutes.  I turned it off to adjust the throttle screw and now it won't start.  The brakelight comes on but then goes off when I press the start button.  I hear some clicks like it's trying to start but nothing.  The brakelight comes back on and then the whole process is repeated.

Is this a battery issue?  As stated above, it was running the first time and cranking over just fine.  Not sure what to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Chris  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 05/09/11
08:03 PM

I would check the connections at the battery, the solenoid, and starter. Check to see if the voltage is 12V at the solenoid from the battery.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

dale68 dale68
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 06/14/11
01:26 PM

When you are trying to start it are you making sure you have the front brake lever engaged. It has a safety feature on it.  

dale68 dale68
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 06/14/11
01:27 PM

When you are trying to start it are you making sure you have the front brake lever engaged. It has a safety feature on it.