Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

125 Coolster wont start

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

125 Coolster wont start

aislinn20 aislinn20
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/11
Posted: 06/29/11
12:46 PM

I have torn the atv down and went over every inch of the wiring with a meter and i still don't understand why it wont start. also the wiring diagram i have is kinda unclear so that might be the issue. Any way if i turn on the key and push in the brake and the start button i get nothing. when i press any of the brakes it cuts the neutral light off. The tail light doesn't come on at all. If i jump the blue/white stripped wire to a 12v power supply it starts from the start button. I have two of these atv's and i have swapped the solenoid, start/ kill switch and the key switch and it works on the other atv that has no issues. If i jump the rear brake interlock it does the same thing. Im not sure if its a wiring issues or if its something im overlooking. I just need a little help and guidance so my kids will be off and riding again. If you need more info just let me know.  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 07/01/11
10:08 PM

look at the brake light wire where it goes under the frame sometimes these wear from vibration and short out.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....