Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

110cc ignition coil wires are both ground

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

110cc ignition coil wires are both ground

trans_am.awesomeness trans_am.awesomeness
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 12/04/10
04:12 PM

I have a 110cc Giovanni Hummer and it was running fine till I took The ignition coil off and cdi off. When I put It back on it wasn't getting any spark any more. I used a tester light and It showed that both wires going to the ignition coil was both ground the black/yellow wire coming from cdi is hooked to same color wire on ignition coil. Green is hooked up to other green ground.the timing wire blue/white that goes from stator to cdi shows it ass a ground as well. I'm so confused can anybody help  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 12/05/10
10:04 PM

Not sure why your tester is showing that. The black/yellow wire takes the current from the cdi and sends it to the coil to produce spark. The blue/white wire(trigger) sends a small amount of current telling the cdi when to fire to the coil.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Posted: 12/06/10
01:45 PM

Yes I know. And when I hold a screw driver in the spark plug wire to see if it will shock me it will not do anything until I touch ground with my other hand. And it still not a strong enough shock to make me react.  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 12/08/10
11:56 AM

Sounds like a loose ground. Check the ground wires(green) and connections.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Posted: 12/09/10
03:01 PM

I did check and I even connected another wire running from negative battery terminal to frame. It will get spark but when I can find ground.so its probably not getting good ground when inserted into engine for some reason.