Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Tao Tao 110 sputters and cuts out

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Tao Tao 110 sputters and cuts out

Dom1 Dom1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 02/02/11
06:30 PM

Bought a Tao Tao 110 and the bike sputters when put under a load and will even cut out all together if given to much throttle.  I pulled the carb and cleaned it out the best I could.  Thought maybe the float was stuck but can hear it moving.  Can't get to it because the fuel bowl has to pressed pins holding it together.  Has good spark and starts fine, idles great.  The bike has about 4 hours on it...maybe. Is it something with the ignition/CDI?  Timing?  

Should have bought that used Suzuki down the street!  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 02/04/11
07:16 PM

It sounds like a fuel problem to me. Try taking out the air filter out temporarily and see if there's any change. You can also try cuffing off the air supply and see if there is any change. Also have you replaced the spark plug?  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

eleaglesrock eleaglesrock
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 02/05/11
09:16 PM

i had a tao tao 200 when i was younger before i got my honda and the same thing happened to me. I just drained the gas and put new gas in and it worked fine, also the rubber gas lines on those are crappy, check those for any issues.  

kidsatvparts kidsatvparts
New User | Posts: 37 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 03/05/11
01:59 PM

Just change the carb. the oem carb is none-adjustable (the EPA department forced them make it like that). you can adjust the air screw on the carb to fix that problem after you change the carb.  
Most of the Chinese parts can be found at:
www.kidsatvparts.com

timbercreek timbercreek
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 04/01/11
12:15 AM

You can drill out the brass cap on the side of the carb and get to the air mixture adjustment screw. You can also drill out the caps on the bottom of the bowl but will need to goto your local hardware store for new body (bowl) screws.  
Playin' In The Mud!