Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Chinese 110cc will not turn over

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Chinese 110cc will not turn over

hondalover88 hondalover88
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/10
Posted: 12/27/10
04:54 PM

It will not turn over at all, and lights will not work either.  battery reads 13V starter relay reads none,  the fuse reads good on both sides, the red wire going into (i guess what's the) CDI box, reads 12V, but cannot get a read anywhere else on the wiring.  I can jump it from my truck, and jump the starter relay and it will turn over, but i'm still not getting any fire to the plug, or anywhere else.  the plug is in at the back,   I don't know what else to do? or replace  

killer454 killer454
User | Posts: 94 | Joined: 05/10
09:22 PM

i know these atvs have a safty switch at the rear brake peddle and front brake handle.my daughters would not crank and it turned out to be the rear break switch located down by the peddle.i just unpluged it and it was fine.
this was on a tao-tao 125d.if you have a safty switch bad i think it will act like this  

killer454 killer454
User | Posts: 94 | Joined: 05/10
09:27 PM

by the the way some china atvs are shipped with fishoil in them if this is a new crate atv make sure to change the oil.  

brianroberts brianroberts
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 01/11
Posted: 01/16/11
01:42 PM

have u checked the stop switch on the handle bars some times the wires break away from the solder?.  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 01/17/11
08:28 PM

yes check the brakelight switches and also check the starter itself. try boosting the starter with your truck to see if it turns over.
place the ground on the frame and touch the positive lead to the starter wire, if it doesnt turn then the starter is bad.

i have seen these starters go out on brand new machines.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....