Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

king Quad 300 4x4 carb adjustment

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

king Quad 300 4x4 carb adjustment

badgerdozer badgerdozer
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/26/10
06:11 PM

My atv is acting up. It was running fine and now I need to apply a little choke to get it to run right. It acts like it is running too lean. I am in baja,mx and clean gas can be a problem. when this has happened before , i pull the diaphragm out spray carb cleaner in it blow it dry and it runs  well. I noticed that there is a brown oblong knob on the top of the diaphragm. is that an adjustment? could I have inadvertently changed the air, fuel mix.
Thanks in advance for your help.  

killer454 killer454
User | Posts: 94 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 06/26/10
07:31 PM

I haven't adjusted this carb myself but the general rule is get the machine at normal operating temp then adjust the idle mixture screw out till engine speeds up then it will start to die out as mixture gets too rich. note that point and screw back in slowly counting the amount of turn(s) as the engine revs up again and then dies due to being too lean.. now set the screw half way between the two points. for an initial setting try something between 1 and 2 turns out  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 06/27/10
06:34 AM

it sounds more like you have a clogged pilot jet.
not hard to do and choke cleaner usually wont clean it out,

use a wire bread tie with the plastic coating melted of to run through the pilot jet.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....