Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

chinese atv fuel problem

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

chinese atv fuel problem

dirtdriver11 dirtdriver11
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/05/10
11:06 AM

I just bought this sunl 110 used knowing it wouldn't start.  I even tried starting fluid and it won't start.  I have 2 more of these and have switched alot of parts doing trial and error.  I have spark so I think  I narrowed it down to not getting gas into the cylinder.  The carb I have on it is off of one of my other running atvs so I know that it is good.  I pulled the spark plug out and it is dry.  Any ideas?

Thanks  

killer454 killer454
User | Posts: 94 | Joined: 05/10
03:05 PM

take the spark plug out and put a little bit of gas in the cylinder and put spark plug back in and tighten,now try to start if it trys to start carb problem if it dont you have a problem with the ignition or not enough spark,or timing.do this and let us know what you found out.

CAUTION i dont know what a sunl 110 is but make sure your not spose to mix the gas i dont want to tell you to put streight gas in a 2-stroke engine.if it is 2-stroke use mixed gas.  

dirtdriver11 dirtdriver11
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/10
03:58 PM

It is just one of the normal chinese 4 wheelers automatic with no reverse.  I tried pouring gas in the cylinder but no luck, it wouldn't even try to fire.  I do have spark, but it is not a real good spark.  Could that cause the problem?  

killer454 killer454
User | Posts: 94 | Joined: 05/10
04:53 PM

http://www.budgetatvs.com/downloads.cfm

go here,then go to manuals and guids-see if this will help you out look through this stuff

yes a weak spark will prevent it from starting
go to (advanced trouble shooting eng sys)

let me know what you find out
if you would like to talk one on one my number is 660 388 5158 philip