Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Pleas help me carb prob

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
1 |  2 |  Next Page 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Pleas help me carb prob

hatandrew hatandrew
New User | Posts: 14 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/29/10
07:44 PM

I have a 1999 polaris sportsman 335 it has been sitting for two years when i got it i had to replace the stator and it runs perfect and starts up the first time with no hesitation and idles perfect the only problem i have is when i give it full throttle it bogs down even ridding and in netural i can bearley give it gas and it will run but no more than quarter of throttle and it will bog down i cleaned the carb itleast 5 time and changed the spark plug and checked the etc please if you have any solutions i will try anything i am very despert thanks  

troy2222 troy2222
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/30/10
11:28 AM

try adjusting the throttle's needle.must carbs have an E clip on the throttle needle.Try moving it in different positions.  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
02:15 PM

Try adjusting the air/fuel mixture screw and check to see if there is any improvement.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

hatandrew hatandrew
04:37 PM

I have tried adjusting the neddle clip in all positions and the carb dont have an air and fuel mixture screw someone told me i could try turning the pilot screw to see if that helped is this true??  

hatandrew hatandrew
04:42 PM

I have tried adjusting the neddle clip in all positions and the carb dont have an air and fuel mixture screw someone told me i could try turning the pilot screw to see if that helped is this true??  

mikelm14 mikelm14
06:40 PM

Icon Quotehatandrew:

Turning the pilot screw may help slightly. The main jet supplies the fuel for 3/4 to full throttle along with some fuel through the pilot jet( idle circuit). The needle jet supplies the fuel for 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.

Have you checked the fuel tank, shutoff valve, and fuel line going into the carb. for any dirt/debris or restrictions?  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

hatandrew hatandrew
Posted: 01/31/10
11:31 AM

yes everything is clean where it was sitting for two years i cleaned everything including taking the gas tank off and cleaning it as well. shutoff valve where is this located? the gas is on and everything is up too specs when i start it like i said it will idle fine all day long and go as long as you dont give it full throttle. could the new stator i put on have any effect on it acting like this cause  when the old stator was on there it took forever to start but when it did it ran great  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Posted: 02/01/10
07:32 PM

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1999-polaris-atv-sportsman-335-a99ch33ca-cb/o/m5509

Click on fuel tank it will be the fuel valve. Not sure how much you will be able to clean it though.  

hatandrew hatandrew
10:15 PM

okay i will give that a shot i hope it works thanks i will keep posted on this issue  

hatandrew hatandrew
10:22 PM

i forgot to mention when i hold the throttle down or give it full throttle it bogs then it will reve it will keep doing this but it wont reve like it should  

wilb67 wilb67
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 02/03/10
01:06 AM

I had the same problem with my 335. It would idle all day long but would pop and backfire when i gave it any throttle. I did the same as you and cleaned the carb but no luck. After testing all my electronics I decided to check my valve adjustments and found that the exhaust lobe on the camshaft was severly worn down and the rocker arms were also worn.I found out later that the 335 is notorious for burning up camshafts. I hope this is not your problem but it wouldn't hurt to pull your valve cover off and take a look. If it is the cam, make sure you also change the rockers or you will burn up the new cam very quickly.Hope this helps and good luck!  

hatandrew hatandrew
Posted: 02/03/10
12:06 PM

wow the endless possiblities of errors i hope its not the camshaft but i will for sure give it a look thanks alot and i will keep posted on this bad luck 335  

lzrd lzrd
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/04/10
10:54 PM

try the simplest things first..when you cleaned the gas tank did you make sure the gas tank vent is clear.. if it is plugged it could be causing a vacume in the tank and the fuel will not flow to the carb..just an idea and its free to check..  

hatandrew hatandrew
Posted: 02/05/10
02:53 PM

no actually i did not so that makes sence cause sometimes i can unscrew the gas cap and it seems like it has a vaccum i wll defentley make sure its clean and my camshaft is in good condition and so is my valves maybe the vaccume is my prob i will keep posted i hope this helps  

FmxLevi FmxLevi
Enthusiast | Posts: 588 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 02/07/10
09:40 AM

i recomend replacing the fuel line with something you can see through. off and on while you are riding check that line to see if there is any dirt or something in it. also, the more air bubbles you see in the line. the better chance there is something blocking the port. i would also recomend periodically running seafoam thought the gas. not only will this assure you that the fuel shut off is clean and clear but it also cleans up your carb and valves. even if they dont need it. as far as the problem at hand. you deffinetly have it narrowed down. its either gonna be the shut off is blocked or you have a serious issue in the valves. good luck.  
-
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

My heart keeps me bleeding, my blood keeps me leaning, my Honda keeps them beating. Ride Red and keep defeating!

2005 honda trx450 golden west graphics, hot cam, high compression piston, hmf exhaust, tusk nerf bars,works shocks, golden west seat cover, pro taper bars, tusk billet gas cap, racing hood, tusk billet brakes, donlop at tires, itp rear rims. and more

1 |  2 |  Next Page