Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

My 2001 beartracker wont start

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

My 2001 beartracker wont start

jws08 jws08
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/03/09
07:20 PM

I was riding one day and then i come back two days later and it wont start. it cranks but nothing happens. im pretty sure its not getting any spark.Do i need to replace the coil or look somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 12/04/09
06:43 PM

I would first check for spark. If spark isn't there then make sure engine switch(s) are in there appropriate position. Make sure all connections & grounds are clean and tight. Inspect wires for any damage. This is a start.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

kyle20 kyle20
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/26/10
06:49 PM

Ha ha ha,that happend to me exactly the way it happend to you man. I have a 1999 yamaha bear tracker and I went out riding the one day and it ran like a charm, I then parked the bike and the next morning went out and was going to go for a ride but the bike would only turn over. I then checked for spark but nothing. Switch was in the on position. I checked the coil on my brother 2004 bear tracker and his bike started and ran perfect. I also checked all wires for signs of melting, shorts, and disconected wire all were fine. This left about only two things which could be wrong , stator or the Capacitor discharge unit/ CDI. Pretty sure mine is the CDI