Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

TAO TAO ATV 125 D OIL CHANGE HELP

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

TAO TAO ATV 125 D OIL CHANGE HELP

gripdog gripdog
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/25/09
10:26 AM

Man I'm desperate for help. I got this thing with no manual and would like to change the oil but damned if I can clearly figure it out. I see two silver caps on the left side, took both off but appears to be windings, etc so I'm sure that is not the place to put oil. So...where PHYSICALLY is the drain plug (s), and where is the filler hole? I've heard several mention a dipstick but do not see one. Can some kind soul help me out? I need to get this thing running for my daughters who use this thing to exercise their goats and lambs for FFA...so I'm falling behind on our schedule! HELP!!  Confused  Can be reached at westcreek315@yahoo.com  

gripdog gripdog
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/25/09
11:26 AM

I figured out the oil change.  Still guessing on the oil capacity but will get it .

Now...what about the tranny oil change?  What type, where is the drain and filler?  

billl2099 billl2099
Enthusiast | Posts: 254 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 11/26/09
11:22 AM

engine and trasmission share the same oil, best to use a 15-40 weight oil on these 50-125cc engines.  
07 prowler

doug128 doug128
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/04/09
01:37 PM

I Just got the same quad for my daughter,,,manual sucks on this thing...Anyways, I drained the oil, saw metal shaving come out etc...I put the plug back in....Now, i went to fill it up by unscrewing the small plastic chrome plug ontop of the crank case. I began re filling there, all the oil just poured out onto the ground what i put in.....The drain plug is in......I mean sometimes im stupid but i dont know whats going on...........did i put the oil in the wrong spot...........help....