Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

1987 Suzuki LT250? Quad Runner

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

1987 Suzuki LT250? Quad Runner

Devilzinya Devilzinya
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 10/09
Posted: 10/03/09
05:57 AM

Hi All New Here.
I sure need help this thing was repaired and running good.
now she wont start and turns over kinda hard.

The real question I have is how can I make 100% sure what type model and year it really is. Is this even possible being its age ?  Confused  

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
09:14 AM

It should have a serial # stamped somewhere on it, it will have several #'s and a few letters. Once you find the serial # you can call a Suzuki dealer and they should be able to tell you the model & year.

If you want us to help need more info. than it won't start. Fuel to plug? Spark? Compression?

Welcome to the Forum! Smile  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

FmxLevi FmxLevi
Enthusiast | Posts: 588 | Joined: 11/08
02:38 PM

yeah we deffinetly need to hear more about it. has it been sitting, is the battery good. ect. after that between some of the regulars here we should be able to get you all set up. the serial number should be on the left side of the frame, about 4" in front of the engine on the bottom bar, there will aslo be on stamped on the engine case itself you could call in.   welcome to atvrideronline  
-
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

My heart keeps me bleeding, my blood keeps me leaning, my Honda keeps them beating. Ride Red and keep defeating!

2005 honda trx450 golden west graphics, hot cam, high compression piston, hmf exhaust, tusk nerf bars,works shocks, golden west seat cover, pro taper bars, tusk billet gas cap, racing hood, tusk billet brakes, donlop at tires, itp rear rims. and more

Devilzinya Devilzinya
Posted: 10/04/09
09:10 AM

Thank you people.

I have good gas good spark good compression cant hold my finger in the plug hole anyway. Im really leaning twards a carb issue seems to get more gas than it can fire. After trying to start it the plug is always soaked in gas, It turns over semi slowly and when i hold the pull rope compression release on the head it turns over quicky. This ummm thing has been a pain in the butt since i bought it 6 years ago it did sit for 3 years in the garage, Had a guy get it running it ran good for awhile hmmmmm something comes lose in the carb ?  

FmxLevi FmxLevi
Enthusiast | Posts: 588 | Joined: 11/08
10:10 AM

the only way to find out would be to just tare it apart and check, he may have put the floats in upside down, or the jets are too big, your fuel/air may be off, carb might be dirty, ect... just over haul the carb a few good times and let us know what happens.  
-
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

My heart keeps me bleeding, my blood keeps me leaning, my Honda keeps them beating. Ride Red and keep defeating!

2005 honda trx450 golden west graphics, hot cam, high compression piston, hmf exhaust, tusk nerf bars,works shocks, golden west seat cover, pro taper bars, tusk billet gas cap, racing hood, tusk billet brakes, donlop at tires, itp rear rims. and more

mikelm14 mikelm14
Guru | Posts: 895 | Joined: 07/09
12:09 PM

Have you replaced the spark plug? Are you testing the spark with a tester or are you gounding spark plug to the block? I would check the spark several times because it sounds like you are getting plenty of fuel, possibly too much fuel.  
DISCLAIMER: REPAIR ADVICE IS GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY, FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Devilzinya Devilzinya
Posted: 10/07/09
09:32 AM

Looks like im over hauling carb cause nothing was lose and it still wont start. Be back when i try it.

Thanks Everyone