Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Easy fix for most starting problems on Chinese (Tao/Zstar) ATV's

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Easy fix for most starting problems on Chinese (Tao/Zstar) ATV's

E-DAWG E-DAWG
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 08/22/09
03:52 PM

This is mostly for 50/70 and 110cc smaller units but many of the 125's or anything that does not have auto choke also have this problem. Assuming you have a good spark and the machine is turning over and before you get into tearing the machine apart or go looking for other electrical gremlins....If your fuel has been in the tank for 3-4 weeks or longer, drain the fuel and fill with fresh Premium fuel or at least drain a little from the carb until the fuel runs clear (as "clear" as normal fuel gets) and that infamous yellow colour is gone. Properly charged batteries are a must as well and I have heard the better Japanese brand batteries are a good choice for these. We had seven 110cc units stop starting roughly around the same time and all had 5-6 week old fuel in them and were not started on a regular basis. Replaced fuel and zip tied the fuel line and inline filter coming from the tank up higher as to not interfere with the choke lever and all started immediately. So far 95% of any starting problems on units that started and ran great right from the crate have been solved this way. I think this may help a few people frustrated with finicky starting Chinese machines.