Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

TRX 125,NO SPARK

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

TRX 125,NO SPARK

TRX125 TRX125
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/30/09
08:12 PM

Ok,here's the deal
I picked up a trx 125 that I could work on with my step son and when its done he can ride it.  The previous owner took the 125cc motor out and put a 110cc motor in it.  He also made a mess of the wiring.  I picked up a used 1986 wiring harness for a 125 and other items that were wrong or missing such as coil,cdi box,regulator,and put a new key switch in it.  I found a wiring schematic for it and made sure that all of my wires are going where they should.  the 110cc does not have a starter so those wires are not connected to anything and does not have the oil light switch or neutral switch and so those wires only have power going to where the unnessasary items would be.  The 110cc honda motor still had the pick up coil and alternator in it.  I do not have any spark and was wondering if there was a way to test the pickup coil?  I am very mechanically inclined, but not used to working with small motors.  what might my steps be to chase down the no spark?  I know that in the automotive area you have to excite the field b/4 cranking and it produces the spark.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  

TRX125 TRX125
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 05/03/09
08:36 AM

everyone looks, but does anyone know how I would test the pulse coil?? cdi box??