Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Tao Tao ATV 150 Transmission

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Tao Tao ATV 150 Transmission

4whlsndrt 4whlsndrt
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/28/09
03:02 PM

We just bought two Tao Tao 150 ATVs (different styles). After figure out that you need to hold in both the red kill switch and the black start button to get them going, they run well. However, one of them requires a lot of throttle to move forward and will not move in reverse. When I watch the drive sprocket while putting it in gear and the engine is running the sprocket seems to move slightly in the correct direction. I don't see any place to add fluid. Any thoughts? Confused

Thanks for any help!  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 03/17/09
04:37 PM

it sounds as though either the clutch is out of adjustment. or the clutch is bad.

i would take it back where you bought and have them warranty it.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

rob31567 rob31567
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/16/09
04:57 AM

I HAVE A A150D ATV BY TAO TAO AND HAVE GOTTING NO HELP WITH THIS CONCERN MYSELF MY ATV HAS HAD THIS CONCERN FORM THE 1ST TANK OF GAS BUT IN.I WENT IN TOO THE TRANS ASSY AND FOUND THAT THERE IS A PLACE TO FILL THE GEAR BOX WITH GEAR LUBE.I FOUND BAD BEARING IN MY TRANS ASSY BECAUSE THERE WAS NO FLIUD IN IT FORM THE DEALER ALSO I HAVE FOUND MANY OTHER CONCERN WITH THIS ATV THAT THE DEALER HAS NOT TAKEN CARE OF I FOUND THAT THE BEST WAY TO HAVE ONE OF TAO TAO ATV IS TO LIVE NEXT DOOR TO THE DEALER.MY ADVISE TO YOU IS TO CK ON THE LEFT SIDE OF REAR ENGWHERE THE TRANS HOUSING MEETS ENG ASSY L/SIDE AND YOU SHOULD FIND A FILL PLUG AND A DRAIN PLUG FILL WITH 90 GEAR LUBE GOOD LUCK  

vicl47 vicl47
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/11
Posted: 07/07/11
08:24 AM

where is this fill cap located? I just find a oil fill cap on the right side of the engine  

vicl47 vicl47
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/11
Posted: 07/07/11
08:30 AM

where is this fill cap located? I just find a oil fill cap on the right side of the engine. IS this cap an elbow with a 2 inch tube sticking out of it?
Also a second question ...i have a hose connected to the cap covering the top of the cylinder head but the other side is not connected to anything, but has a clip like it should be attached to something. When the engine runs we have air coming out of the hose...any ideas on where this connects since we hace the same 150 cc engine?  

kapie9969 kapie9969
New User | Posts: 15 | Joined: 11/11
Posted: 11/13/11
12:45 PM

My gy6 had a small housing at the rear with two bolts.One is the drain,bottom so squirted gear lube in the top hole until it started coming back out,then put the bolt back in.  

hometownatv hometownatv
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/11
Posted: 12/03/11
04:31 AM

did your dealer not take care of you on this problem?