Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

05 Rubicon stuck in 1st gear !?

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

05 Rubicon stuck in 1st gear !?

FirefighterRBF5 FirefighterRBF5
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/02/08
09:16 AM

I have an 05 rubicon 500 never had any problems. but now it will not shift out of first gear. the hud is showing D1D2ESP with -- for the gear selection. I have checked the fuses and traced the wiring harness and found nothing. I am thinking electrical problem but everything is checking good. With the key off you can change the selector knob to any of the selections turn the key on and that is what the hud displays until you start the bike then it changes to the 2 dashes and all selections on. has anyone else had this problem?  

candrews candrews
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/06/08
08:44 PM

Have you hade any luck on fixing your problem, because I have the exact same problem with no luck on solving the problem. any suggestions?  

FirefighterRBF5 FirefighterRBF5
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/07/08
04:42 PM

I found out from a buddy that the problem is the tilt sensor on the motor. replace it and take it to a mechanic or your dealer to get the ecu reprogrammed and you will be in business. i changed the sensor myself with the bike on my trailer. and then carried it to my buddys to reprogram the ecu. jst make sure the ecu has been reprogrammed before you start the bike or you will have the same problem with the new one.  

notyper notyper
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/24/09
08:36 PM

I have an 07 Rubicon same thing happened to me. After some reading on various forums I found the solution that worked for me, it is related to the angle sensor but in my case it did not get replaced i followed instructions  for resetting the computer and its worked fine for me since. I couldn't find the link so it goes something like this: start engine, let run for a minute, turn key off. press and hold both up and down shift buttons while turning on the key, release the buttons, press do not hold the up,down,up shift buttons, give full throttle release give full throttle release. you should hear an electrical buzz for a second, what i assume to be the sensor resetting I know it sounds silly but if you hear the sound your all done. I think that information is accurate if not, i apologize but with  some searching you could find the post i found before  

notyper notyper
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/24/09
08:55 PM

the first post is probably a little late but since i went through the trouble to do that here is the page i used http://forums.atvconnection.com/honda/319884-rubicon-troubles-2.html hope that helps anyone with this prob