Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

335 Sportsman won't rev!! Help!

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Prev Page |  1 |  2
Item Posts    Sort Order

335 Sportsman won't rev!! Help!

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 02/15/09
08:36 AM

check the jets the primary may be clogged causing it to cut out and starve for fuel  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

wallis_23 wallis_23
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/07/09
05:31 PM

Has anyone figured out what it is yet i have the same problem with a 2000 325 trailboss iv already replaced cam and complete head and i know my valves are set at 6 thousands ive checked them like 20 times and there right and my timing is right at 30 at 5000rpms if i take the air box lid off and the filter off it will go past half throttle in neuatral only though it rev realy high but only if u give it gas really slow if u gag it it will just stumble and cough i dont understand it my carb is clean as a whisle main and pilot jet i know it has plenty of vacum cause it pulls the main jet and diaphram up when u give it gas can some one pleas help im getting tired of this crap  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 04/09/09
03:47 AM

try checking the intake boot and air filter boot, for leaks, also check the head gasket and cylinder gasket.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance

wallis_23 wallis_23
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/14/09
09:27 PM

wolf1 u seem to know alot about polaris so if u could help would apreciat it much anyway i have the same problem except im getting 2 much gas and if u take the filter out it runs better but not perfect and when u take the belt off it runs fine revs fast and high my primary and secondary clutch looks good i took the secondary looks good i took it apart the helix looks good as well as the spring and the primary clutch moves in and out easy the weights look good as does the rollers for the weights but u put the belt back on and put a load on it it boggs back down and yes iv cleaned the primary and poilet jets carb is as clean as a whistle could it be in the diafram in the carb cause it is a cv carb. it has  a brand new head on it it had droped a valve when the cam broke so i changed it out with a new one and now its doing this crap the valves are set at the factory specs of six and i have checked the bout 20 times and it is in time right at 30 degrees at 5000rpms that what the manuel says i just cant figure it out if anyone has any ideas please let me know  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 04/15/09
02:14 AM

after redoing the valves have you adjusted any on the carburetors fuel/air mixture?

if not mark where the fuel/air mixture screw is setting by using a sharpie to mark across the top of the fuel/air mixture screw and on to the screw housing on the carb.

try turning the screw 1/4-1/2 turn to the right see if the problem persists or get s better. if not then then you are looking at a different issue.

but try it and let me know.  

Wolf Performance

wilb67 wilb67
New User | Posts: 17 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/11/09
08:43 AM

I may have a solution to your problem. You need to pull off your valve cover and check the exhaust lobe on the camshaft.Check to see if the lobe is worn or burnt down,also check the rocker arm for wear. This seems to be a VERY COMMON PROBLEM on the polaris. Other people who had the exact symptoms you are experiencing found that the exhaust lobe burnt out. Hope this helps. Please post a response to your findings!!!  

HighPlainsMoto HighPlainsMoto
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/13
Posted: 10/07/13
11:44 AM

I too have had the exact same issue - the problem was a piece of foam under the tank cover that was plugging the inlet to the airbox lid - solved.... un b liev able!!  I was going nuts with this one!!!  Carb clean twice, fuel pump checks, vacuum checks, float level, etc. etc...... uhhh Smile  

WFB1 WFB1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/13
Posted: 11/25/13
10:04 AM

Saw this with '95 polaris sportsman. If you check intake or exhaust boots and like yor carb including good float valve holding 5 psi and only idles and bogs down with any throttle just saw one fixed by disabling Throttle position sensor. Fixed it. Cost 0. But checked everything else here first.  

Prev Page |  1 |  2