Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Extreme Thunder 90cc ATV history? looking for wire diagram

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Extreme Thunder 90cc ATV history? looking for wire diagram

normt66 normt66
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/03/08
03:03 PM

Hi ATV Rider world,

My kids and I are Xr50 riders ( I mostly ride R1 and CBR900RR).  My brother and law has a older model 90cc ATV that is in need of repair.  He has let it sit in the garage for 2 years.  No fuel in Tank or Carbs.  He wants to get it running for his 10 year old.  The bike is clean and has little use.  I have the CDI the Rectifier and starter switch in hand .  I am looking for the thing to spark when kicked.  (Hoping it is not a strator problem).  
Question about testing.  Is there a way to test with multi meter these electronics parts.
The starter was removed and lost years ago.  He had started and driven it without a starter just using the kick starter to get it going.  
Quest 2:  Does anyone have the wire diagram for this ATV?  Or know if it is a copy of a honda or yamaha?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Anyone that has the same cycle please contact my account for friendly help.  

normt66 normt66
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 09/08/08
10:32 PM

Found some information that ended up fixing up the 2001 90cc Extreme ATV (Turbulent on the handle bar pad).  The ATV runs a GY6 engine.  A copy of the 1960 Honda GY6 Engine.  It has a 24 mm KF Carburetor with electronic choke.  The Problem with spark was because of the loss of the safety lanyard, to cover the switch which provides a positive spark.  I ended up cliping the wire to this switch to disable it and the cycle sparks fine.   I found a new 24 mm KF carb on Ebay for $36.  The ATV runs great and will start on battery or with kick start.  Front break must be held on  to start (also a safety switch enabled device).  CDI works fine, found some high performance CDI for GY6 Engine.  The ATV has about 8.5 hp and will go to 12 hp with 8500 rpm CDI.  Probably would be a heat issue with the engine.  Tough ATV for $100 purchase used and not running , still with $50 carb and 8 hours of time it is a good toy for the summer and winter.