Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Honda markup?

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Honda markup?

Mblaw Mblaw
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/25/08
08:14 PM

Anybody have any info regarding dealer cost vs. markup/profit margin on Honda ATV's? Or maybe a website similar to car buying/pricing but for ATV's. Our local Honda dealer is showing no promotions for the Rubicon TRX500FA, and doesnt want to let it go out the door for 7000.00. If I drive about 100 miles I can get it for about three hundred less. Figure in the gas for a couple hundred mile round trip and it,s worth it.
But, is it.....any thoughts???  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 08/26/08
05:12 AM

in my opinion it's just like buying a car. you never pay sticker price.
(at least i haven't.)
Some dealers wont work with you on price, they want what they have marked on it.
if i could buy it elsewhere at a lower price i would most definately do it.
if the local dealer loses sales due to greed then they'll have to re-adjust their thinking.

i have heard so many cycle/atv salesmen say "Honda or Yamaha etc.. wont let us cut the price any lower"
and to that i always say "well who's the owner."

NEVER take no from someone who doesn't have the authority to say YES.
go higher, ask to speak with the sales manager or the even the owner.
and if they tell you that they are in a meeting, then leave your name and number with the receptionist and ask them to have the person call you.

they all need to make sales, and i think as long as you are reasonable you'll make the sale the way YOU want it.
Never let a salesman who only has his commission on his mind, make the final decision for you.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....