Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

2001 yamaha bear tracker wont start no start no spark

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

2001 yamaha bear tracker wont start no start no spark

14414 14414
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/04/08
07:49 PM

my bear tracker was running fine turned it off and wont restart i have no spark and i have tried a cdi box and coil the cdi box is putting 12v out on the ground as soon as you  turn on the kill switch and that puts  12v on the ground at the coil and there is 12v constant on the supply to the coil with the switch on i dont know why the cdi box is doing what it is doing dont realy understand how it is supposed to work and i need a helping hand any ideas thanks  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 05/04/08
08:58 PM

the coil gets a constant supply of power.

when the mageto contact passes the stator contact it lifts the ground for the coil causing it to spark.
check the ground for the coil for continuity, to see if it is lifting the ground

sounds like possibly the stator is bad and not lifting the ground.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

14414 14414
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/05/08
11:45 AM

the ground dose not change when cranking it just stays at 12v and dose not change the 12v on the ground is comming out of the cdi box even with the stator and rectifier are unpluged the only thing in to the cdi box is the power from the kill switch on the red and black wire and 12v out on the black wire ground and the orange wire the supply to the coil