Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

yamaha 4x4 big bear 350

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

yamaha 4x4 big bear 350

allymoss allymoss
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/11/08
02:29 PM

hello everyone.

i have acquired a yamaha 350 big bear 4x4. real mess. not been used in over a year. covered in year old mud. no exhuast silencer on the back, missing front plastics, all the wires at the front have been cut, front wheel drive been disconnected, COMPLETE mess.

Now does anyone have an online resource, like pdf manuals, wiring diagrams, etc etc i could get hold of. i am getting a manual so please dont bother telling me to get one!

Any other advice for this sort of bike. thanks  

dmills dmills
New User | Posts: 14 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 04/11/08
08:08 PM

I just bought a '98, but it is not a mess.  You are at least the 3rd poster here that says the wires have been cut.  Odd.  

My advice would be to get a wiring harness from e-bay, I have seen several for sale there.  Trying to piece together a harness from a wiring diagram will be difficult.  

I have not found a wiring diagram online.  I have a shop manual that has wiring diagrams, but I have not been able to cut and paste the diagram in a usable form that I can e-mail.  I'll try again this weekend.  

allymoss allymoss
Posted: 04/12/08
01:06 AM

Hi, thanks for that. All the wires have been cut under the dash so piceing them together shouldnt be too hard but they are all dirty and some cables I can't tell where they go. If you do get that wiring diaram, that would be brilliant. thanks  

allymoss allymoss
12:20 PM

hi,

i have spent all day fixing the quad up. I got the engine running but it will only run with the choke on, subsequently, lots of unburnt fuel gets into the exhaust and is exploding very loudly. I have put a silencer on the exhaust which makes it quiter aswell. How do I get it ro run with choke off. It has 3 stage choke, on, half and off. I can run it "on" and it works kind of, half I have to rev it and it sounds awful, off and it cuts out. I have taken carb off and cleaned with compressor and carb cleaner, nice and new looking!

What sort of battery does it need for start to work, I have a 12v motorcycle battery which hardly turns it. what ampage is needed.

thanks  

allymoss allymoss
02:37 PM

I am going to make my own drive shaft for the front wheels. It still has the universal joints but no shaft. I will weld something together and bolt it in. Is this a good idea???  

bbdal bbdal
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/05/08
11:15 AM

http://www.rivayamaha.com/parts_finder.shtml  has a pretty decent parts breakdown with names, part numbers and pics.  

treerings treerings
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/20/09
09:02 AM

I have a 1988 vintage Big Bear 250CC ATV (MODEL #2HR053748).  It is in great shape, however over the last year it has developed a problem making hard to almost impossible to get the shifter lever to move from the reverse position back into Low or High forward gearing.  Does any one know if this is a cable adjustment issue or something more "sinister"?  

beccaria beccaria
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/10
Posted: 02/01/10
06:32 AM

hello
go on yamaha-motor.com/sport   my yamaha  

adrian031987 adrian031987
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/28/10
09:04 AM

i would also like to know what kind of battery the big bear takes i just got a 1990 in decent shape although it dose seem to die with the choke off then with it on rev's very high im wondering why? and how to fix it and how easy is it to fix the breaks on it  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 03/28/10
09:56 AM

answered on your other post  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

jodyclark8 jodyclark8
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/10/10
01:32 PM

I just went through the same thing on a Wolverine and a Warrior.  On the Warrior it was something to do with the reverse sensor.  We just grounded it out and it started working again.  On the Wolverine, we cleaned the carb and found the oil pump had gone out, so we had to replace the cam.  It was eaten to small knubs.  Then, after all that we found out that the reverse sensor was messed up on it, too.  All we did was push it forward and it ran like a scolded dog.