Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Honda Electric shift

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  Next Page   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Honda Electric shift

clarklund clarklund
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/18/08
06:52 PM

I have a 2004 Honda Rancher.  It has been having problems shiftingIt appears to "get stuck between gears and won't shift".  It is an problem that comes and goes.  Any ideas from anybody?  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 01/18/08
10:37 PM

haven't encountered that problem yet.

none of the electric shift have been in for shift repairs.

it should have shift solenoids though.

is it having trouble with one gear specifically or all of them?  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

fxst07 fxst07
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/28/08
04:19 PM

I just bought a used 2007 Rancher and rode it for the first time today and to my dismay, it had the same problem... When you go to press either the upshift or downshift button (In any gear, not 1 in particular), the display goes from whatever number gear it is in to displaying a dash. It will neither upshift nor downshift, not until you cut it off and start it back up. ANYONE,HELP!!! Frown  

susi susi
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/01/08
05:31 AM

I have a 2006 Rancher when i bought it new the same thing happened after about 1 month..wouldnt shift in ANY gear, When I took it in they said they replaced the ESP...Now a year later, the same thing happened yesterday, i was in 3rd gear and the display suddenly started flashing and the 4 wheeler would not shift at all, it would run, but in 3rd gear only...I was actually looking for some type of recall on these when i found this forum...This 4 wheeler has very low hours, i use it on a farm to feed and haul, it is not abused in any way...I am not looking forward to finding out the replacement cost on the shifter, but if youre having problems and are under warrenty I would get it in the shop immediately..This is very frustrating...But I am glad to see Its not just me and my four wheeler... Mad  

muddog56 muddog56
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/09/08
10:08 PM

There is a tilt sensor on the front of the motor with two wires going to it this is probaly thr problem i have a 350 2003 es and replaced it on mine and solved the problem the part cost me about $70.00 and takes about 20 min. to change onlt two allen head bolts hold it on you will see it because it has a metal cover on it  

mudd_slinger mudd_slinger
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/28/08
02:32 PM

I have a 2007 Rancher 420es and my shift sensor just went out.  The bike is brand new and has hardly any hours on it.  It appears that I may have had something strike it because it is snapped in two.  I do have a friend whos son has an electric shift bike and he has gone through 2 sensors in the past few months.  

If Honda is having a problem with the ES bikes, they should make it good.  I am glad to see that I am not the only one having problems with the ES on my bike.  I am not glad that everyone is having trouble however.  

Now my bike is down and its the Holidays and there is not a shop open in my area until Jan. 6th.  

proudpapa proudpapa
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/09/09
10:36 AM

i own a 2002 recon es, i've had trouble with the shifting all along. i would of thought honda would of corrected the problem by now! Mad  

jimmiewoo jimmiewoo
Posted: 01/11/09
09:47 AM

I also have a 2002 Recon es. Shifting always goes out. Have you foud a way to fix your problem. Local shop here cant find a problem.  

toddncn toddncn
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 01/16/09
03:33 PM

Ya, I have the exact same problem with my 02 forman aswell
bad thing is I just bought it for my wife--now Im getting the I told you so for buying a used unit.If you find a sure fix , drop me a line.
thx.  

chuckiver chuckiver
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/25/09
08:21 PM

I have a 2001 450 same problem sometimes it shifts sometimes it wont. even after manualy putting it neutral to get it to start no shift. Maybe the guy that mentioned the tilt sensor is on to something?/  

larrypridemore larrypridemore
Posted: 01/30/09
06:25 PM

i have a2004 rancher same shift problems.going to change angle sensor when weather permits. i also had clip came   off from the piston rod, it let the pin go sideways into the sleeve that cost me about 300.00. i have also learned to work on my own.  

ka1s3r ka1s3r
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/07/09
02:48 PM

I have a trx 250 2005...i got it brand new the same day after about 1 hour of riding it , i had the little light flashing on 1st gear. Iv tryed changing the battery didnt work... Only way i can shift is quickly turning the key off and back on while riding Frown  

ka1s3r ka1s3r
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/07/09
02:50 PM

flik the key on and off....and u can shift for like 5 minutes... Mad  

FmxLevi FmxLevi
Enthusiast | Posts: 588 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 08/08/09
11:43 AM

there was a recall on all honda electric shifts for this problem. in most cases you will find it happens when it gets wet. the first and fourth gear lights will blink. bring it to your dealer and they SHOULD replace it for free. dont quote me on that though  
-
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

My heart keeps me bleeding, my blood keeps me leaning, my Honda keeps them beating. Ride Red and keep defeating!

2005 honda trx450 golden west graphics, hot cam, high compression piston, hmf exhaust, tusk nerf bars,works shocks, golden west seat cover, pro taper bars, tusk billet gas cap, racing hood, tusk billet brakes, donlop at tires, itp rear rims. and more

bigred40 bigred40
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 08/26/09
01:19 PM

<[strong>bold]By reading all the info from everyone, sounds like the electric shift has been recalled. My bike is in the shop right now, they are svratching their heads. I am going to call the shop and turn them onto this site.[/bold]  

1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  Next Page   | Last