Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Hunting Polaris vz Honda

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
Item Posts    Sort Order

Hunting Polaris vz Honda

tntmarchetti tntmarchetti
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/17/08
11:16 AM

I have been hunting in downstate new york for 25 years using Honda's and witnessing the Polaris machine's in most recent years. Although very powerful and fast, the Polaris machines I have seen used on the property have experienced nothing but problem after problem. The Honda's, some as old as late 80's machines, just keep on going with no problems. If you are looking for nothing but speed and power go for a Polaris but make sure yu also find a good repair shop.  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 01/17/08
11:33 AM

If you change the oil in honda's you can give em to your grandchildren.

Polaris IS a problem. they had to issue recalls in 2007 for their 2008 models

the Co-Founder of polaris was quoted as saying "if we made 400 machines we got back 500"

they know there are problems with their machines but they still do nothing to raise the level of quality.
they'd rather add some new gadget or try to pioneer a new suspension than fix the issues they still have.
I mean really, who cares about being first to put an independant rear suspension on when you can't keep the engine running so you can get the full effect of it?

They have also had to pay out millions due to injuries caused by low quality.

as well just about every model they have made has recalls on them.

it certainly doesn't seem like polaris can get it right or that they even care to.

and you really don't want to be out in the woods with game on your rack and have to have the atv dragged out by your buddies. (believe me they wont let you live it down)  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

FUSE20A FUSE20A
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/30/08
06:05 AM

I have owned 2 polaris toys, a 95' indy 500 EFI and a 95' Xplorer 400 4x4.  Overall both machines have been quite good me, but i won't argue that polaris does have some quality issues with their machines, they do.  There are many people i know who own a polaris and have had lots and lots of problems with them.  A friend i go riding with has an 86' Honda four wheeler (not sure size or model) and that thing still runs like the day it was new.  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 01/30/08
07:52 AM

and Polaris is very aware of the problems
they have been aware of them for years.

Yamaha- 4 recalls since 1997 (none current)
Honda- 7 recalls since 2000 (none current)

Polaris- 13 recalls since 1999, (current recalls for 2007 and 2008 as well as recalls throughout 99-2006)  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance

quadboy quadboy
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/21/08
06:51 PM

Nothing but speed in a polaris, please, I have a 2003 suzuki vinson (pumped up) and I have raced a 500 polaris and an 800 and both times guess what, I won by a mile!!! and no problems so far (4800 miles!)  

Lawnboy270 Lawnboy270
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/26/08
09:09 PM

My luck as been the opposite, We have had Polaris' for some time now and have been very pleased.  I had bought an older Honda fourtrax a while back so the wife and I could ride a few trails during the summer.  About half the time I end up using my dad's 94' polaris since the Honda is having another issue.  This last weekend the Honda had it's latest issue and did not have spark, then it did for a day and then no spark again.  Thankfully our 2000 polaris has a tow strap so we can get the honda home.  Don't get me wrong when the Honda runs it is fun and I do enjoy the shifting the polaris does not have. But now that we have another kid on the way and probably will not have much time to ride, both will be sold off and replaced by one Polaris for hunting and snow plowing, I will not own another Honda again.  

naoreir naoreir
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/31/08
09:40 PM

To what ever you all have say is really an interesting adventure. thanks for sharing the best models and quality of the vehicles.

Naorei

<a href='http:// http://www.treatmentcenters.org/georgia ' rel ='external dofollow'> Georgia Treatment Centers </a>  

naoreir naoreir
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/31/08
09:41 PM

To what ever you all have say is really an interesting adventure. thanks for sharing the best models and quality of the vehicles.

Naorei

http://www.treatmentcenters.org/georgia  

Ridler Ridler
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 09/25/08
09:50 AM

My polaris is good to me.  Its me thats bad to it...I have ripped the throttle off with my leg, rolled it three times and hit a bridge abutment at 50km/h.  The bike keeps running fine.(needed straightening out of course).  We ride hard and the polaris takes the punishment.  Theres good and bad in all brands I think  

Ahill Ahill
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 12/08
Posted: 12/09/08
10:05 AM

I know this is Polaris vs Honda, but I am new to the ATV market and am about to purchase a Yamaha Grizzly 550 at the end of the month. If you were to choose for both Hunting and Long term use which one would you choose? I have heard enough issues with the Polaris that I am turned off with buying one even though I would LOVE to stay/buy American. I like the 4 x 4 and the suspension system on the Yamaha better the Honda's but I have heard the Honda's last forever? Any thoughts?  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 01/15/09
08:34 PM

yamaha and honda are both incredible machines, with a little tlc you can give either one to your grandchildren  

Wolf Performance

ATVrider4fun ATVrider4fun
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/26/09
01:28 PM

I picked up a 2 inch hitch receiver from www.atvhitchreceivers.com for my Polaris.  It converts my 1 1/4 receiver to a 2 inch hitch receiver so I can use the reese hitches I have off my pickup on my Polaris.  Heavy Duty - like it alot.  Get many comments on it when I'm riding with my friends.  Highly recommended.  They have 2 inch hitch receivers for all major brands of atv's, as well as foot peg risers.  Check em out.  www.atvhitchreceivers.com   Cool  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 05/03/09
08:31 AM

um.... wouldn't this advertisement work better in the atv parts and accesories part of this forum rather than rudely jacking the posters' threads????  

Wolf Performance

mxwarrior mxwarrior
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 09/15/11
02:51 PM

sure can  
DaNtHeMaN