Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

tao tao chinese ATV problem

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
First |  Prev Page |  12 |  13 |  14 |  15 |  Next Page   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

tao tao chinese ATV problem

coady coady
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 12/04/09
01:56 AM

check safety teather strap on back too see if its pulled out

use a bigger charger withh the proper voltage setting

check kill switch

try giving the trottle a few small pushes before you try

check the choke  

jjdaniels7 jjdaniels7
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 12/16/09
09:07 AM

I have a tao tao 135, purchased it from superiorpowersports.com, and this thing has given me nothing but trouble since it arrived, it takes forever to start, then while i was riding the front sprocket broke, who ever heard of that, now the engine is not turning, the starter will turn fine, but it seems like i'm not getting any compression, anyone have any suggestions!!!!  

billl2099 billl2099
Enthusiast | Posts: 254 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 12/17/09
06:04 AM

Icon Quotejjdaniels7:
I have a tao tao 135, purchased it from superiorpowersports.com, and this thing has given me nothing but trouble since it arrived, it takes forever to start, then while i was riding the front sprocket broke, who ever heard of that, now the engine is not turning, the starter will turn fine, but it seems like i'm not getting any compression, anyone have any suggestions!!!!

adjust the valves, if you need instructions r-mail me luvmysxs@yahoo.com  
07 prowler

rick8140 rick8140
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/09
07:41 AM

I bought 2- new taoto 135's and they won't start. Both crank but won't fire any suggestions.

Thanks  

mdiogo mdiogo
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/09
11:44 AM

Hey all, i am New to the atv community. I just bought a 2008 SunL 250cc from a private seller in my home town. Quick question. The engine seems to be leaking oil from the back left part of it.(if your sitting on it)any ideas what it could be? im thinking it could be a gasket. at first it was leaking from a lose nut that was on the engine and i tightened it and now that parts fine but now its coming out from the back. any ideas of what i can due to possibly fix this?...thanks in advance  

shawn2197 shawn2197
Posted: 12/22/09
04:13 PM

I just bought a ATA110 green camo, it had oil on the right side but the left was bone dry so i filled it with gear lube, da im a dumb a$#, it leaked all over my floor and thought the gasket was bad so i took the cover off and realized the filler hole are fake because there are magnitos and timing chain in there, so i cleaned it out but its making a loud lower end knocking noise when i rev it, im going to change the oil from what it came with but could that be causing it. HELP ME PLEASE  

coady coady
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 12/27/09
08:58 AM

on the right side of the bike under the plastic their is a dip stick i could not find it forever ethier.....  

feelinafool feelinafool
Posted: 12/30/09
12:34 AM

First I wanna thank wolf for the countless responses and help he has provided out of good will.

I think i have read this whole thread (about a week after I was ripped off on a 250cc tao tao)  I paid 2400USD in mexico, in faith that my friend had a line on a couple great quads on their way down the Baja.  Here is a link to what i believe it is  (i saw it briefly before I left but it didn't have wheels or handlebars or anything on it)

http://www.xtremefirepower.com/ALL-ATVS-49c-650c-250cc/c1_22/p18/1FB-GLADIATOR-250CC-FREE-SHIPPING/product_info.html

I have listed it on a couple classifieds but im gonna go ahead and assume im gonna use it... regardless i wanna make it safe and functional for whoever gets it.  So I am hoping to make a list of what should be done before its used.  Any input is very appreciated because I am completely novice and have never owned any dirt bike or atv.

1) DRAIN OIL AND REPLACE WITH SYNTHETIC

2) USE LOCKTITE ON ALL NUTS AND BOLTS AND MOTOR MOUNTS ( WOULD IT HELP TO SPOT WELD CERTAIN PLACES THAT ARE WEAK?)

3) REPLACE WITH BETTER SPARK PLUGS

4) REPLACE CHAIN (IS THERE A BETTER ONE TO BUY?)

5) DO I NEED TO ADJUST OR CHANGE THE SPROCKET, IF SO HOW?

6)TUNE CARB

7) I DONT KNOW HOW TO TELL IF ITS A "WET CLUTCH" AND IF SO HOW TO MAINTAIN THAT

8) IS A NEW BATTERY NECCESSARY OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR OLD ONE TO CRAP OUT

9) HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND BETTER SUSPENSION THAT WILL FIT THIS ATV AND IS THAT WORTH IT

10) IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO BOOST UP POWER OR THE OVERALL STRENGTH OF IT?

ANY OTHER IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED... THANKS TO EVERYONE AHEAD OF TIME  

towmanat2 towmanat2
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/16/10
12:53 PM

Hi what is the best Chinese brand ATV to buy?  

peter10 peter10
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/16/10
01:57 PM

I HAVE A 110CC QUAD IT WONT START IT HAD NO SPARK AND WHEN I HAD A LOOK AT THE STATER IT WAS COVERD IN OIL WHEN I CLEANED IT OFF AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER IT HAD THE SPARK BACK AGAIN BUT STILL WONT START I HAVE FUEL GOING TO CARB CLEANED ALL JETS OUT AND IT STARTED BUT CUT OUT STILL HAVE GOOD SPARK AND ALL IT DOSE IS SPIN OVER AND SOME TIMES BACK FIRE I HAVE CHEACKED THE TIMEING AND THAT FINE LOOKED TO SEE IF THE VAVLES ARE OPENING AND THEY ARE WORKING FINE IV CUT THE KILL SWITCH WIRE AND STILL WONT START HELP   Frown  

robin28 robin28
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 03/01/10
04:33 PM

mine was doing that at first, then someone checked my needle valve.  it was very bent.  put in a new one, it started.  had other starting problems, the engine was full of metal shavings.
had to replace entire motor.  

solarives solarives
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/08/10
11:30 AM

ALL THE TAOTAO BRAND ATV CHEAT! ALL THE 107CC ENGINE INSTEAD 125CC AND 135CC ATV, SUCH AS ATA125D,ATA125F1,ATA125G,ATA135D ETC, I'M LICENCED DEALER SELLING TAOTAO BRAND ATV IN CANADA AND FINALLY FIND THAT MATTER AND NO RESPONDS FROM CANADA TT (TAOTAO IN CANADA)  

IDerby63 IDerby63
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/21/10
01:14 PM

I have a 110cc and during the winter, it would turn over, just wouldn't start.  Spark was fine so I assumed it was frozen gas.  This spring, replaced the battery and went to start it...all it would do was spin the starter and then I noticed a burning smell/a bit of smoke coming from the wiring going into the magneto case.  Anyone have a similar problem and able to offer a fix?  

whygostockcom whygostockcom
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 05/10
Posted: 06/06/10
12:33 PM

Sounds like you stator went out.  You will need to pull the left side case and check it.  That side of the engine is dry.  

nitro10 nitro10
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/15/10
09:18 AM

My granddaughter has a 110cc tao tao atv and will not start with the remote switch and it dies at idle. I've tried to adjust the idle speed but it still dies. The atv is new only been riden a few times does anyone have any advise to fix it.  

First |  Prev Page |  12 |  13 |  14 |  15 |  Next Page   | Last