Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

tao tao chinese ATV problem

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
First |  Prev Page |  8 |  9 |  10 |  11 |  Next Page   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

tao tao chinese ATV problem

LynnEdwards LynnEdwards
User | Posts: 122 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 12/23/08
10:34 PM

Fish oil?  You have got to be kidding.  

billl2099 billl2099
Enthusiast | Posts: 254 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 12/24/08
07:29 AM

their's 3 screws on your carbuetor, idle adjustment, air/fuel mixture and float bowl drain,  the idle screw is the one that sticks out with the spring on it appox center of the carb , the air/fuel mixture screw is recessed also appox. middle of the carb  made of brass, the air/fuel mixture is only used to adjust the fuel mixture from idle to 1/4 thottle, the drain screw is on the float bowl also is recessed and made of brass, use this screw to drain the fuel when you're not planning on riding the atv for a week or more, it'll help keep the carb from gumming up.  who knows what the chinese use for oil, best to buy a quart of your favorite oil and change it,  
07 prowler

duccrock duccrock
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/15/09
02:39 PM

hello all i need some help i have a 110cc sunl 4wheeler it ran and it wont run anymore its getting gas but no fire i have a new spark plug can it be the cole or that lil box in the front of the 4wheeler i seen a wire running from the cole to that box plz help me my kids wanna ride and i cant stand to see that look on there face cause i cant fix it  

house3571 house3571
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/21/09
03:49 PM

Hello all, new here and looks like im in the same boat as a few on here. I bought a tao tao 110 auto and it is bogging down in forward gear, plenty of power in reverse. Do i need a new clutch assembly? If so how easy are these to replace, i have found new ones online, any help with changing them. Thanks  

fiyrman fiyrman
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/21/09
08:21 PM

Icon Quoteraders:
we bought 2 chinese 110 atv for christmas. one has a problem with making very loud, sharp noise (like a gun going off) in a series, when we give it a lot of throttles. the atv does not make the noise when driving slowly or gradually going faster. It does not act or sound like a back fire.  It idles fine, maybe a slight miss, but gets around fine. maybe not as much power as the other 110. would like to find a good shop manual. Any idea on the problem.  I changed the plug, checked for an exhaust leak. help

Try checking the chain slack. I had that type of a problem and found that the chain was slipping on the front (engine) sprocket. When wieght is on the atv the chain loosens, so it seemed OK until wieght and under power.  

billl2099 billl2099
Posted: 01/22/09
07:08 AM

Icon Quotehouse3571:
Hello all, new here and looks like im in the same boat as a few on here. I bought a tao tao 110 auto and it is bogging down in forward gear, plenty of power in reverse. Do i need a new clutch assembly? If so how easy are these to replace, i have found new ones online, any help with changing them. Thanks

nope not a clutch issue, if you had a bad clutch the engine would rev fine but the quad would not move at all in eaither reverse or forward gear because of clutch slippage,  
07 prowler

house3571 house3571
Posted: 01/22/09
07:17 PM

Thanks for the reply, It still keeps a really high idle at full throttle just wont go, if i pick the rear end up off the ground it goes. But as soon as weight is on it doesnt have enough ooomph behind it. So i wouldnt say bogging down, but just feels like your trying to take off against a brick wall in forward. Runs fine and strong just doesnt go. Reverse is really strong and powerful.  Would that possibly be the clutch?  

billl2099 billl2099
Posted: 01/23/09
03:12 PM

reread my post, NOT A CLUTCH PROBLEM.  could be to tight of a chain, make sure you have a 1/2 play between the 2 spockets. jack the rear up and sping the tires manually making sure their's no binding anywhere , brakes, chain ect.     chinese atv's 50-110cc do not have a lota low end power or torque until the engine hits into the power band. somewhere around 3000rpm's.  
07 prowler

saddledup48 saddledup48
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/24/09
09:41 PM

Hi all, I am impressed with the information I have just found about these inexpensive Chinese vehicles we have all bought.  I too thought I had done all of the proper research.
The one thing that pushed me to the TaoTao is there are number of references relateing to a Honda, But there are no comparasons. I did look but could not find one. (My Bad) I bougt one any way because of the Honda reference.
Now I too am having the problem with it not starting easily, and there is a popping sound (like a back fire) at times. When I do run it though It runs like a Bat out of He11,  (It's impressive). I too have heard the Oil is Fish Based, and it is OK to use it for about a month for break-in only.  But I am going to change it before that time.
My questions are:  Would it be best to just change the Carberator now to by-pass a lot of future problems?
I forgot my other question.
Thanks to all of you to take the time out and help the new people and our situation.
It is like others have writen that we have tried to do the research.  What info that is out there is mis leading.
What I found was the TaoTaos were the best of the Chinese ATV's.  

LynnEdwards LynnEdwards
User | Posts: 122 | Joined: 09/08
Posted: 01/26/09
08:08 AM

Icon Quotesaddledup48:
Hi all, I am impressed with the information I have just found about these inexpensive Chinese vehicles we have all bought.  I too thought I had done all of the proper research.
The one thing that pushed me to the TaoTao is there are number of references relateing to a Honda, But there are no comparasons. I did look but could not find one. (My Bad) I bougt one any way because of the Honda reference.
Now I too am having the problem with it not starting easily, and there is a popping sound (like a back fire) at times. When I do run it though It runs like a Bat out of He11,  (It's impressive). I too have heard the Oil is Fish Based, and it is OK to use it for about a month for break-in only.  But I am going to change it before that time.
My questions are:  Would it be best to just change the Carberator now to by-pass a lot of future problems?
I forgot my other question.
Thanks to all of you to take the time out and help the new people and our situation.
It is like others have writen that we have tried to do the research.  What info that is out there is mis leading.
What I found was the TaoTaos were the best of the Chinese ATV's.

Yes, I have read about the chinese using fish oil in the crankase.  But I read a lot of things on the internet.  The idea seems silly to me. Fish oil is expensive.  And it smells bad.

My quad did come with a special oil in it designed for breaking in the engine.  I got written instructions with it which said to run the quad easy for 1 hour only, then change out the oil.  Then run 5 hours and change the oil.  After that the oil should be changed every 15 hours.  

house3571 house3571
Posted: 01/26/09
08:41 PM

Thanks again for the reply, Chain has the normal play, tires spin freely, im 180 lbs and standing alone in front of it will keep it from moving, even at extremely high rpm, now put it in reverse and it runs like a raped ape. It was running fine about 2 months ago, its like something started slipping gradualy. Thanks Again.  

billl2099 billl2099
Posted: 01/27/09
07:14 AM

Icon Quotehouse3571:
Thanks again for the reply, Chain has the normal play, tires spin freely, im 180 lbs and standing alone in front of it will keep it from moving, even at extremely high rpm, now put it in reverse and it runs like a raped ape. It was running fine about 2 months ago, its like something started slipping gradualy. Thanks Again.

hold it , in your last statement you said no slippage just bogging, what is it bogging or slippage? if you can hold the quad and the rpm's still increase yes then the clutch is slipping, but if the quad just bogs and dies then it's not the clutch! (50-110cc) even on their best days you will beable to hold the quad in place without it moving. they have no low end torque. but i understand what you're saying the quad has no power in forward gear. as far as the clutch slipping, the clutch doesn't change rotation when putting the transmission in reverse , it still rotates clockwise, it's the tranmission that changes the direction of the countershaft spocket thus giving you reverse, so what i'm saying if the clutch is slipping it's going to slip in forward and reverse direction.  
07 prowler

saddledup48 saddledup48
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 01/31/09
02:26 PM

Again HELP.....

I am not able to find the correct info about the Carb adjustment for this ATV.

My Carb has two screws.  I guess I am not waiting long enough or allowing it to warm up enough before I fiddle with it.

But I can not get it to idle at all, or more correctly when I remove my thumb off the accelerator it will die.

I also have a difficult time with it wanting to accelerate.  It hesitates with acceleration, and it will pop also when removing my thumb off the accelerator lever.  I wonder if that has to do to a rich mixture and when the cool or cold wather it will pop when the gas mix in the exhaust hits to cold air it will pop. or explode??

Any ideas as to how to adjust this monster??

Thanks,
Jeff  

billl2099 billl2099
Posted: 02/01/09
08:35 AM

Icon Quotesaddledup48:
Again HELP.....

I am not able to find the correct info about the Carb adjustment for this ATV.

My Carb has two screws.  I guess I am not waiting long enough or allowing it to warm up enough before I fiddle with it.

But I can not get it to idle at all, or more correctly when I remove my thumb off the accelerator it will die.

I also have a difficult time with it wanting to accelerate.  It hesitates with acceleration, and it will pop also when removing my thumb off the accelerator lever.  I wonder if that has to do to a rich mixture and when the cool or cold wather it will pop when the gas mix in the exhaust hits to cold air it will pop. or explode??

Any ideas as to how to adjust this monster??

Thanks,
Jeff

adjusting the carb a very simple thing to do, first the engine needs to be warmed up, you have one brass screw thats recessed, this is the air/fuel mixture screw, the other screw with the spring is the idle adjustment screw.
screw the ful/air mixtue screw all the way in unil it bottoms out, next turn the screw out two full turns, start atv, now screw the mixture screw in and out up to one turn untill the engine reaches the hghtest possible RPM's, thats all their is to it, now set the idle screw so the enginr idles appox 1500 RPM's  
07 prowler

polarisalltheway polarisalltheway
New User | Posts: 25 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/08/09
09:06 PM

To everyone who is having problems with there china made quads heres a few hints to keep em going. First YES>>> they are shipped with fish oil in them, they cant ship them with reg oil because they dont ship with hazard materials thats why u have to fill the battery. Change oil before u even start it up or turn it over. To those have trouble adjusting the carb, make sure u let it warm up for 10 minutes before u make any adjustments, then ensure the choke is all the way off before u adjust ur carb. To all those with chain slippage issues ensure the rear adjustment screws are adjusted evenly and ensure all 4 rear axle bolts are tight. All these quads are dry clutch machines and DO NOT require oil, if ur machine is slow going off the start there is an easy adjustment to the clutch, a flat screwdriver and a jam nut, lossen jam nut and turn screw clockwise to tighten clutch up, ride a little and tighten again, 2 times of adjusting in the backyard and ur ready for the trail. Over all these machines are good to learn on as well as fun on the trails and in the yard, locktite all hardware, adjust clutch, change oil and ride hard. I have several friends that have these machines and they ride them as hard as we ride polaris machines. ride hard and ride safe.  

First |  Prev Page |  8 |  9 |  10 |  11 |  Next Page   | Last