Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Places to ride in and around chattanooga tennessee

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next Page   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Places to ride in and around chattanooga tennessee

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 12/27/07
08:48 PM

there's a placed called the Hunter road powerlines

it's between cleveland tennessee and chattanooga tennessee, if you need exact directions shoot me a pm and i'll send them to you.
great place to ride, with hours of trails.
ride all day and only hit the same trail twice on your way back. trails range from easy to extremely difficult most often with the option of a secondary trail to get you through the rough stuff if needed.
large open area at the beginning of the trails with some really decent jumps. and some good jumps on the trails as well. and normally some really good mudholes depending on whether there are any droughts going on.

you can axcess the tnt trails from the hunter road powerlines as well.

then there are the standifer gap powerlines in Ooltewah tn.

there's also a placed called "Summit" in apison tennessee. trails and a large open area and also has a sand trap.

pm me and i'll send you directions to any or all of them.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

00shee350 00shee350
New User | Posts: 19 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/11/08
06:48 PM

sweet, I'll have to hit these trails up when I get some new wheels and tires on the shee. They are really bald. Is there any emission stuff on 2 strokes in tn?  

wolf1 wolf1
07:43 PM

nope!! no emissions crud. just get on and ride!!
I have a pretty decent set of used Maxxis front pro's
the "V" lugged front tires. 22x8.00x10

as far as rear i only have a set of factory blaster rear tires laying around but they are in great shape.
they are AT21x10x8's

but they should fit the shee'
I can let em all go cheap.

absolutely, come on out and ride!!!  i'll be out on the trails again thursday, and then out all weekend riding trails with my sons.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance

00shee350 00shee350
08:35 PM

how much for all 4? Anything is better than what I have now, when its wet on the road I can't get traction. Much less on dirt...  

wolf1 wolf1
09:26 PM

ahh how bout $60.00

that should help you out.
I can help you put em on too if ya want.

just check and make sure you have the right size wheels.

ah heck i have wheels for em too if needed.  

Wolf Performance

00shee350 00shee350
09:42 PM

sounds good, I'm out of school on tuesdays and thursdays. My next problem is that I don't have a truck to tow it anywhere, except for when my dad isn't using his. Just shoot me a pm, and we'll go from there.  

wolf1 wolf1
10:13 PM

no prob have a van and a trailer.

will shoot you a pm  

Wolf Performance

tubes0308 tubes0308
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 05/03/08
07:40 AM

Just found this website, if you are still checking this post send me the directions to these spots to ride.  I live in Hixson and are looking for places to ride closer to home and not driving to wind rock every weekend.
Thanks  

00shee350 00shee350
Posted: 05/22/08
08:54 PM

ah well these are a lot closer I'm sure. Do you know where Ooltewah exit is off of 153?  

thump_or_die thump_or_die
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/08
Posted: 11/24/08
10:09 PM

Yeah these would be alot closer for me. I know where it is off of I-75 but I am sure I could find the one off of 153. Where do I need to go from there?  

ATVR-Newsom ATVR-Newsom
New User | Posts: 27 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 01/08/09
07:14 PM

wolf1,

Do you ever ride Houston Valley off the Rocky Face exit (I-75) just across the GA line? We need to load up sometime, meet up with you and sling some dirt. We could even bring Thad along to clean things up when we are finished.  

ATVREditor ATVREditor
User | Posts: 126 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 01/15/09
11:02 AM

Hey guys,

We are actually looking at doing an ATV Rider Magazine ride sometime soon with maybe our Tenn. Al. and GA area readers. Any ideas? We would love to do a print story on this. Let me know of any interest you guys may have.

Thanks,
Thad Josey
Editor - ATV Rider Magazine  
Thad Josey

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 01/15/09
01:48 PM

Let me know where and iam there!!!!!

Ray  

Wolf Performance

ATVREditor ATVREditor
User | Posts: 126 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 01/20/09
08:43 AM

Will do Wolf. Everyone, we will be putting up details soon! Keep your eyes peeled, as we will be doing some sort of South East ATV Rider Readers ride and it will be a feature in an upcoming print issue of ATV Rider Magazine.

Thanks,
ATV Rider Magazine Staff
www.atvrideronlie.com  
Thad Josey

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 01/22/09
07:24 PM

houston valley is a decent place to ride, it costs $5.00 per atv to ride all day.
they don't have bathrooms but there are porta potty's.

a few restrictions, you don't have to have your atv registered.
your atv can be no wider than 50 inches and you have to keep a good eye out for riders coming around the corners. as traffic goes both ways.

but for a place that you could unload at 10 am and ride til 6 and never see the same trail until you came back it's good for that.

It is regulated by the park service, but they don't give you a hard time unless you are acting like an idiot in the parking area.

right now it wouldn't be too populated.

My son and I have ridden every trail there, some can be a little tricky but overall not too difficult.
they do have begginer trails as well as very experienced trails. but my son at age 12 was able to safely navigate them all.

you do have to be a little careful at the tops of hills, some of the hills will have a small jump at the top and you won't find out that it drops off suddenly on the otherside until it's too late.

So basically don't jump it if you can't see the other side.

all in all i do think it would make a great place to ride.

you would need to pack a cooler and some lunch as the closest place to get supplies is ringgold.
and a good can of gas.

(approximately 12 miles away.)  there is a small private owned convenience store a few minutes away but iam not sure of the hours they are open.

seriously though a good place to ride.

you may even be able to get it for the day just for the atvrideronline riders.

here's a link with some pics.

http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/facility.php?facilityid=55  

Wolf Performance

1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next Page   | Last