Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

Carb problem - 350 bruin no fuel

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
1 |  2 |  Next Page 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Carb problem - 350 bruin no fuel

montanahelp1 montanahelp1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/30/07
04:09 PM

My problem sound similair to a previous post. My wifes 350 bruin isn't getting gas to the carb. She rarely rides it and I thing the carb have some crap in it. It will fire if I spray starting fuild in the intake, but when I hit the throddle it dies immediately. Where is the fuel filter?  Where I live it has been below freezing for several weeks. Could there be frozen water in the system?  Can I try adding a automotive water dryer like HEAT?  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
06:55 PM

it sounds like the gas has gelled,
cleaning the carb is really easy to do.
if you are in the chattanooga area drop by and i'll give it a thorough cleaning.

Ray  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

montanahelp1 montanahelp1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/07
09:43 PM

Do I have to take off the carb to clean? Can I run a cleaner through it?  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 12/01/07
08:02 AM

it would be alot better to take it off.
you can't guarantee that a cleaning chemical or additive will clean everything. (or if it will do damage)
you want to make sure that nothing is left inside to cause issues again.
cleaning the carb is really easy.
and normally you only have to remove the clamps holding the carb to the intake boot and air filter boot to get it off.  though on some atv's you may have to remove some frame supports to get it all the way out.
get it to where you are working on it and i can talk you through removal and cleaning.
you can also read my previous reply to carb problems on another post for instructions on how to remove and clean the carb.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 12/01/07
08:05 AM

the problem with using a fuel cleaner or additive is that if it is a 2 cycle the additive may thin the 2 cycle oil as it runs to the point that your piston is not getting lubricated well enough.  you could really do some damage to your engine if it does.
as well the carb has a diaphram on top and some additives can dry out the diaphram causing it to fail and costing you more money.  

Wolf Performance

bgarvMA bgarvMA
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/11/08
05:38 PM

Hello, I have a yamaha bruin 350 that got bad gas in it and sat for a while.  Now it will not idle without the choke.  I think from everything I have read it is the idle jet.  I have the tank off and I am looking to remove the carb.  The throttle assembly is all closed off with no linkage exposed.  How do I detach this from carb. Should I just tilt the carb and drop the bowl?  Any help or would be appreciated. I have my 2 kids eton sidelined  and I hope each one gets easier once I get some experience Cool  Thanks  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 08/12/08
05:07 AM

sometimes it is easier to turn the carb in the intake boot (once you have loosened the boot)
and remove the bowl.
everything you need to clean can be cleaned from the bowl side.

the diaphram in the top could always stand to be inspected but if you are fairly sure your problem is only bad fuel and trash in the carburetor, then i would just clean it out.
remember to press the throttle in order to be able to clean out the pilot jet.  

Wolf Performance

bgarvMA bgarvMA
09:15 AM

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.  I will take a crack at this tonight.  I have cleaned lawn mower carbs once or twice but this will be my first atv carb.  Any other pointers, advice or words of wisdom that I might benefit from.  I am hoping once I drop the bowl I will move the float aside and be able to remove the 2 jets and spray carb cleaner and maybe some compressed air and then reassemble.  

bgarvMA bgarvMA
12:03 PM

Wolf, I actually saw one of your other post helping out another bruin owner.  I will give the bread tie a whirl since I will be hard pressed to find a guitar string in my house.  Maybe once I get all my equipment running I pick up the guitar  Grin   I will let you know if I am able to get this pig to idle. Thanks again  

wolf1 wolf1
05:08 PM

let me know i would be glad to help if needed further.

just remember to not lose the needle valve or the pin that holds the floats on when you remove the floats.  

Wolf Performance

bgarvMA bgarvMA
06:09 PM

Giddy up!  All back together and idling fine and running nice.  Took it for a little ride and then let it idle until all the gas ran out of the carb after I shut off the gas.  The atv idled right until the last drop.  I did end up taking the carb completely out because I could not get enough access.  Instead of touching the throttle cable at the carb I removed the throttle cable from the handle bar and took the whole thing with me to the workbench.  After I took out all the needle and put them in the solvent to soak I realized 2 of them where the same size.  I put the one with the bigger hole in the main jet and that must have been the right one.  Now on the the eton viper 90's.  Very gratifying.  Thanks for the help.  After I get them all running I am going to take the auto oil injection out of the eton's.  That will be another post.  I took pictures in various stages during this bruin 350 carb rebuild so if they can be of help to anyone reply to the post and I will forward the pics with instructions.  The whole process took me about 1 1/2 hours.  Thanks again Wolf  

witles42 witles42
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/16/08
10:12 PM

Wolf1, I really think your one of the few who knows what there talking about, but i have an 01 warrior and i was riding fine for about 2 hours then i let my sister ride it for about 10 mins. And when i went to get back on it, it was bogging down in first and then when i shifted to second it completely bogged out before dieing. It idles fine a little rough but idles. The bike did sit all winter at my fathers with gas in it but started right up in the spring, i added new gas to the old gas with fuel stabilizer and ran fine until today? Any info would be appreciated, trying to get it up and running ASAP  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 08/17/08
06:34 AM

BgarvMa,
you are welcome, Glad to help you

witles.

I replied to your private message.  

Wolf Performance

bgarvMA bgarvMA
Posted: 08/18/08
10:20 AM

Ah, and I thought I was out of the woods.  Went to start up the atv this weekend and try to turn over a couple of times and gas started pouring out of the carb overflow valve.  When I had the carb apart it looked like the gasket had been impacted by the previous dealer cleaning (dry and brittle).  Guess they thought I did not need a new one??  Anyhow my assumption is their is a rubber needle seat that the needle sits in and the was damaged with the last cleaning by the solvents.  I am going to order a carb rebuild kit or just the gaskets if I can find them and put it back together again.  

bgarvMA bgarvMA
Posted: 09/18/08
09:05 AM

Took the carb apart and there was a small piece of gasket or something that lodged itself in the needle seat chamber and stopped the seat from closing off fuel flow.  Running great and not leaking now!  Thanks  

1 |  2 |  Next Page