Newsletter Facebook Click here to find out more!

chinese atv 110cc

User Name:
Password:
Join FREE Now!
Forgot Password?
Forgot User Name?
Remember Me
Home | Active Posts | Search | Register | Terms | FAQs
Rss
1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next Page   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

chinese atv 110cc

grimesy grimesy
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/01/07
12:50 PM

help, i have a chinese 4 wheeler 110cc.  got compression, got fuel and got great spark, why wont it start?  any ideas?  put my hand over exhaust while cranking, there is compression, electric start also, spark timing?  i put thumb over spark plug hole and it seems in sequence with spark, but really not the right way to be sure?  please help.  

wolf1 wolf1
Addict | Posts: 4283 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 12/02/07
08:13 PM

try starting fluid in the little air filter they put on them

if it starts then it is starving for fuel.. gettin gas but not enough.

I have owned two of those, also check the kill switch in the rear.  the one with the lanyard.
make sure it is completely on.
the wiring in those has a problem. actually they really don't have a problem as the problem lies with the people to put it together.  check the brake light wire.  on the back of the four wheeler there is a pull bumper.  well for some reason sometimes the brake light wire gets run over the top of the frame in that area causing it to wear away the plastic and short out the wiring harness.

also try starting it with the remote start switch. sometimes the remote cdi gets locked into remote start only.
as well the starter button on the handle bars is weak and sometimes will break and short.

if you are close to the chattanooga Tennessee area shoot me an email and you can bring it by and i'll fix it for ya.

oh also the spark plugs that come factory are basically junk, they leak around the ceramic and the nut.
causing it to short angainst the cylinder head.

i have been through the timing on one of these, if it were the timing it would still try to start unless it was 180 degree's out.  and you'd know if it was.  you would have had serious running issues before it completely jumped.

if you remove the side cover on the CYLINDER HEAD. 2 screws and one bolt, you have access to the timing gear on the left side i believe.

but only the cam and valve side.

oh these things are really bad about blowing the head gasket.

you are supposed to retorque the head bolts after one month of riding.  but be sure to only torque them to factory specs.  over torque will result in a warped valve.
good little engines for 110cc 4 cycle automatics.

again if you are close to the chattanooga area bring it by i'd be glad to fix it for ya.

Ray  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance
...KEEP IT RUBBER SIDE DOWN!!....

rcawolf rcawolf
Posted: 12/30/07
08:54 AM

I need help also...we bought one of these for our kids for Christmas....it ran fine for the first few days...and now it wont start. We are trying to locate a spark plug for it....but are running into many problems finding one. Can somebody please tell me what kind of spark plug i would need to replace it with, and the best place to find one.

Thanks  

wolf1 wolf1
09:39 AM

geeze i don't know the actual part number for the spark plug but auto lite does make a replacement for it that you can get at any parts store.
just take the old on in and let them match it up for ya.

also check the lanyard on it, sometimes it comes loose but not all the way off and wont start.
there is ne fuse on those check it make sure it is blown if it is blown trace down the wiring make sure the tail light wires aren't grounding against the frame.  i have seen alot of these with the tail light wires grounding out on the frame under the seat,  seems they made a bunch of these with the tail light wire ran over the top of the frame instead of under it.

after one month of riding re-torque the head bolts to factory specs.  (be sure not to just tighten them, but use a torque wrench.  if you don't use a torque wrench and stick to the facotry torque specs you can bend a valve and the engine will be worthless.

i'll look around and see if i have one of the autolite replacement plugs here for the numbers.  
ALL REPAIR ADVICE GIVEN FREELY, I CANNOT ATTEST TO YOUR MECHANICAL ABILITY FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Wolf Performance

ranstl ranstl
01:56 PM

wolf1 - you seem to be the man on these chinese atvs.  I think the starter went out on my son's.  Its got the Loncin Honda clone engine.  I can remove the solenoid part, but not the section with the flywheel-looking thing.  How do I get the chain off the gear on the other side (of the flywheel) w/o cracking the case?  Or can I just change the solenoid part of the starter?

I'm thinking its the starter b/c the battery is holding a good charge, but it just won't turn over.  It just clicks once and that's it.  

theblade_guy theblade_guy
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/11/08
11:10 AM

Icon Quotewolf1:
try starting fluid in the little air filter they put on them

if it starts then it is starving for fuel.. gettin gas but not enough.

I have owned two of those, also check the kill switch in the rear.  the one with the lanyard.
make sure it is completely on.
the wiring in those has a problem. actually they really don't have a problem as the problem lies with the people to put it together.  check the brake light wire.  on the back of the four wheeler there is a pull bumper.  well for some reason sometimes the brake light wire gets run over the top of the frame in that area causing it to wear away the plastic and short out the wiring harness.

also try starting it with the remote start switch. sometimes the remote cdi gets locked into remote start only.
as well the starter button on the handle bars is weak and sometimes will break and short.

if you are close to the chattanooga Tennessee area shoot me an email and you can bring it by and i'll fix it for ya.

oh also the spark plugs that come factory are basically junk, they leak around the ceramic and the nut.
causing it to short angainst the cylinder head.

i have been through the timing on one of these, if it were the timing it would still try to start unless it was 180 degree's out.  and you'd know if it was.  you would have had serious running issues before it completely jumped.

if you remove the side cover on the CYLINDER HEAD. 2 screws and one bolt, you have access to the timing gear on the left side i believe.

but only the cam and valve side.

oh these things are really bad about blowing the head gasket.

you are supposed to retorque the head bolts after one month of riding.  but be sure to only torque them to factory specs.  over torque will result in a warped valve.
good little engines for 110cc 4 cycle automatics.

again if you are close to the chattanooga area bring it by i'd be glad to fix it for ya.

Ray

Hi all, New here and I will try to help if I can..  The plug for the 110cc, 90cc,70cc and 150cc GY6 style is NGK cr7hsa or cr6hsa and the iridium is available as well.

Hope this helps some,

Stu  
WWW.BLADEPOWERSPORTS.COM

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 01/11/08
06:16 PM

the starter: you have to remove the side cover and remove a snapring that holds the gear and starter drive chain.
it's best to replace the whole starter.

However remove the power wire from the starter and run a wire from the positive post of the battery to the starter wire post touch it to the post, see if it turns over, that way you'll know if it's the starter or a short, or a bad relay.  

Wolf Performance

telus1221 telus1221
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/29/08
04:18 AM

hey guy's i have a 4 stroke 110cc loncin atv and i did not have a problem with it till the other day i went 4 a ride and it ram great when i got in my drive way i turned it off and i pushed the start button and it did not turn over i just got a click from my starter relay every time i pushed the start button lights and everything work great just dont  turn over all i get is a click from my starter relay

PLZ help if u might know what the problem is  

wolf1 wolf1
08:30 AM

could be the battery is worn out, could be the starter solenoid bad, could be the starter.

turn the ign switch on try it after it cools off.

if no luck take a screwdriver and make contact between the two posts on the solenoid see if it starts that way.

the starters are small and can burn up easily.  

Wolf Performance

WildBoyzDad WildBoyzDad
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 01/08
05:35 PM

Hi everyone. Does anyone here recommend a web site or a shop manual on the chinese ATVs?  I have a 50cc, 90cc, 150cc and a 250cc all 4 strokers.  I'm really needing info on the breakdown of the engines and thier components.  I can't seem to find much out there except for the basic user manuals that came with them.  I hope there is a topic already posted here but I may need a lead to find it. I have a starting issue as well. Thanks!  

telus1221 telus1221
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/08
06:02 PM

k i made the contact's between the two posts on the solenoid and nothing hapend not even a spark  

WildBoyzDad WildBoyzDad
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 01/08
07:04 PM

Icon Quotetelus1221:
k i made the contact's between the two posts on the solenoid and nothing hapend not even a spark

It looks to be something simple as electrical.  I would start at the battery to see if you have enough power.  If you have a volt meter, put the red lead to the positive and the black lead to the negative.  I forgot what value to set the meter to but you should get a reading between 12.3 to 12.5 volts.  That would indicate that your battery is fully charged. If it's under for example like 9.0 or 10 volts then you are drastically undercharged.  If that's the case then either something is draining your battery down or time for a new battery.  A weak battery can make a clicking sound from the solenoid until it drains down then nothing.  If the battery is good and you bypassed the system with the screwdiver method, the solenoid should in most cases click and engage the starter unless the solenoid is bad.  I would check to make sure that there are no loose connections too.  Also, check your electrolyte levels on the battery to make sure its still there in each cell.  I hope I was able to help. Grin  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 01/30/08
07:58 AM

you can also reference autolite 4146 and see what the parts store has available that matches if you don't like the autolite.
in my opinion ngk works best.

for the 150cc - 250cc the NGK d7ea should also work
where a 3/4 or 11/16 inch plug is required.
just match the thread size and pattern.  

Wolf Performance

4weelsofsteal 4weelsofsteal
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 02/03/08
12:29 AM

help, i have a chinese 4 wheeler 110cc.  got compression, got fuel and got no spark all my wires r hooked up right i just changer the starter it worked before i changed it plz help  

wolf1 wolf1
Posted: 02/03/08
08:21 AM

you probably knocked somkething loose. check the two wires that go to the coil to make sure they are still connected.
there should be a fuse as well.
also check the lanyard kill switch, sometimes they can come off a little and you get no spark.
if it worked before, and after putting a starter on you either blew the fuse or knockled a wire loose.
or the lanyard isn't all the way on.  

Wolf Performance

1 |  2 |  3 |  4 |  5 |  Next Page   | Last